Friday 26 July 2013

My Own Experiences.


I’ve been asked a few times now, if I have ever had any paranormal experiences before joining GMPS. And yes, I certainly have had some strange things happen to me before. I think about 90% of people who get into this field do so because they have had those experiences that they can’t explain. It’s rare that a person says they haven’t had any experiences at all and just the notion of the paranormal fascinates them enough to get into this stuff, but it does happen! Most people are on a “have to see to believe” basis. Even I’m that way. I’ve had my experiences yes, but when I walk into a place where we are investigating, or any place that anyone says is haunted, I don’t just take the stories I’m told and assume it MUST be haunted. Not that I don’t believe them by any means, just that for me to truly have the belief that it’s haunted, I have to experience it myself.
                The earliest experiences I can remember having are from when I was about 14 years old. We lived in an old 3 bedroom house in Niagara Falls. It had three levels, including a livable basement that could be split into 2 more bedroom type living areas. Not some creepy dirt floor type basement. I knew something was strange about the house right from the first day we moved in. I was carrying a box down to the basement alone and halfway down the stairs I noticed beside me some smoke trailing upwards, kind of like the smoke you’d see coming from a sitting cigarette. So I peered over the railing to see if someone had left a lit cigarette on the table beside the stairs, but there was nothing. And as soon as I had look, the smoke had stopped. I kinda shook that off and dismissed it for a while. I at times felt a creepy feeling in different parts of the house, but I was 14, so I figured I was just being paranoid. Until one night, I was coming up the stairs to the third floor. & my mothers bedroom was visible from the middle of the stairway. Once I reached the middle of the stairs, my glance automatically turned to my mothers room. I got quite the shock when I saw a little girl standing there! It didn’t take me more than a second to turn myself around and run back down the stairs. After that I had questioned a few times whether I had really seen what I thought I saw or if it was just my imagination. But that wasn’t the last I would see of the little girl.

Another night a few months down the road, we had lost our power during a bad storm. My mother wasn’t home and it was just a few of my friends and myself hanging out in the basement. Now my basement door to the upstairs stuck at the top of the door so to open it you had to hit the very top to get it unstuck, or if you’re 14 and not tall enough you kinda bump it at the bottom with your hip until the top pushed its way out. So, that’s what I was doing in the almost pitch black house, with the exception of some light coming in from outside and some candles lit throughout the house. As I’m trying to open he door, every time I bump myself into it, it opens about a foot on the bottom half. After 3 or 4 tries all of a sudden I bump it and in that foot that it opens there’s a face looking at me! It obviously startled me so I took a minute to get myself together and slowly pushed that section open again, but the face was gone. But I was sure that time I had seen it, and I was SURE there was no one else home. A few months later we moved out of the house, but I never forgot what I had experienced there.
               
                Another strange experience I had before was about 7 or 8 years ago. It was Christmas Eve, and my sister and I were staying at my dads. My mother had called and wanted us to go visit for a little bit that day. So we got ready to go get her a coffee and then to see her. It was weird though, once I had taken the time to get all ready and out the door and such, I was pretty much at the car getting in when all of a sudden I just didn’t want to go. And if you had’ve asked me why, I wouldn’t have been able to give you a reason, I just didn’t want to go all of a sudden. It almost didn’t even feel like myself talking when I was telling my stepmother I didn’t want to go. It’s not like I had a bad feeling or anything like that. Just no desire to go. So I went back in the house. About 45 minutes later, the phone rang and it was my mom. I figured she was calling to find out why I hadn’t gone to see her for the holiday. But when I answered, it wasn’t what I expected at all. When I heard the words “Lindsay, there’s been an accident.” My whole body went numb. She said from what she knew everyone was okay for the most part, but my sister was on the way to the hospital with a head injury. They were coming over an overpass when a car coming off the highway went through the stop sign and t-boned them. My stepmother had a minor neck injury, and my brother who was in his car seat only had bumps and bruises, but my sister who was in the backseat had been flung into my brothers car seat with her face. They were mostly taking her to the hospital to make sure there were no broken bones or teeth. Thankfully there wasn’t, but she spent Christmas that year pretty bruised up and swollen and sore, one of her eyes was completely swollen shut. She did make a complete recovery. Once all that craziness was over, that’s when it sank in.. I was supposed to be in the car. To this day, I still don’t know what it was that kept me from going. Intuition? Guardian Angel? Coincidence? Who knows..
                I’ll leave you with this for now, I have had other experiences but I will tell those stories another day ;) I will be posting our Albert County findings next post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment