Thursday 27 June 2013

An Emergency Call.

So a few weeks or so ago, I get a message from Charm around 8 o’clock at night. A family has contacted us in dire need. They just witnessed a full apparition of a man in their house, and hey are very scared and want us to come right away. They said they had a feeling before that something was in their home, but now they were sure. So, we grabbed up our gear and drove to a small town about 30 minutes away. To be honest, this was my first “emergency call” in this field so my thoughts were kinda everywhere, I mostly thought to all the movies I’d seen in my life… What’s considered an emergency in this field? Should I expect to see things flying off the walls or someone coming down the stairs backwards on their hands? I’ll admit I was kind of nervous!
            In attendance on this trip were myself, Charmian, and two mediums that are in our group. It was a small house with two separate apartments. When we arrived there were about 6 people in the kitchen all sitting around the kitchen table. You could tell the air was tense from whatever had happened before we arrived. Luckily it was nothing like I had expected to see. You could see the young girl there was shaken. We did a walkthrough, and had a man there explain what he had seen. I carried the K2 around the house while he was telling his story. I noticed an aquarium tank in the living room, and I had to check it out to see what it was. It was a small snake, and the man asked me if I was afraid of snakes. I told him no I was checking to make sure it wasn’t something like a tarantula or something. (I HATE spiders!!) Afterwards, the mediums were explaining to the family that the man they had saw, was hesitant about crossing over, which is why he still remained there. Also that they had communicated with him and assured him that, ya know, it was okay to cross over. That his family was in fact waiting for him on the other side and he could let go of being here.  After not getting any hits on the K2, myself and Charm decided to do an EVP session in the girls room, where it was quieter, while the two mediums spoke with the family. After about a ten to fifteen minute session, we continued out into the house with the rest of them.
            When we came out of the room, with again no K2 hits and kind of convinced the activity had ended, one of the mediums was standing with the young man there and the young girl with a picture in her hand, face down. When I asked who the picture was of, she had explained it was the boys deceased father, but she had not yet looked at the picture. The deceased mans wife was also present. I had never actually seen a medium at work in person before, so when she started telling stories with such detail, I was floored. Not only was I amazed, you could tell these people were as well. I will admit I’ve never experienced any huge losses in my life, in the sense of significant other or parent, so I can only imagined how these people felt hearing these messages from a passed loved one. Overwhelming I’m sure. I won’t lie I had honestly thought in my head that we had gone there for.. nothing. But once I started seeing this unfold in front of me, well by the end of it I was almost in tears for these people! She just kept telling stories that this man was “showing” to her and telling her to tell. And they were laughing but crying at the same time just amazed by what she was saying. At one point she said, “You know I can see him standing there like, ‘Hey don’t be sad that I’m gone, grab a beer and have a party!” They laughed with tears in their eyes and said “Yep that’s SO him.” And she STILL hadn’t looked at the picture. When she did she just laughed like she had seen a picture of an old friend and said “YEP that’s the guy I’ve been talking to!”
            We then proceeded down the stairs to the other apartment to see if the mediums felt anything. And the family asked a few questions. One thing that stuck out in my mind was one of the mediums said “You used to live in a house, with an old clock that used to chime off-time, right?” And the woman replied with “Yes.” And she said “Well, he wants you to know, that was him, letting you know he was there.”..You could tell this touched the woman, she was laughing and crying all at once. After a little more storytelling, we decided it was getting late and we had to leave, but assured them they could contact us. As we were leaving, the young girl ran outside and hugged one of the mediums, crying and thanking us so much for coming.
            This trip reminded me of another aspect of this field that is so appealing to me. And that’s helping people, giving people peace & closure. My hope is that someday I can know that we helped someone sleep better at night, or changed their life in a positive way. That people can trust our group to help them understand the things that go bump in the night. I’m also hoping I eventually can get back into a night owl habit so I’m not always napping on the way home :) Until next time!
Don't forget to check out GMPS on Facebook and anyone can join the page and share their stories with us :)

Greater Moncton Paranormal Society

2 comments:

  1. Incredible story Lindsay. I would love attend an event like this sometime. - Dwayne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Good job :-) Sounds like you really helped the. Take care! Natalie

    ReplyDelete